1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Good pushchair/stroller/buggy to take on a holiday abroad this summer?

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by snowcloud, Apr 14, 2011.

1. snowcloud

snowcloud New commenter

Can anyone recommend one. Our baby is quite long and tall parents too. Light weight but robust for lots of use and comfortable with a shade?

2. snowcloud

snowcloud New commenter

Can anyone recommend one. Our baby is quite long and tall parents too. Light weight but robust for lots of use and comfortable with a shade?

3. Mrs Music

Mrs Music New commenter

After seeing the way that they chuck them into the hold I'd recommend something not too expensive! We have a nice stroller but borrowed a cheap and cheerful one from a friend that had used theirs to go abroad with the year before (and whose baby had grown out of it). We also bought a parasol separate and took that, although found it a pain in the bum so when our little one was asleep we shaded her with a sarong draped over from the canopy of the pushchair.
    Hope you have a fab time on holiday x

4. snowcloud

snowcloud New commenter

Was going to get silvercross pop sport but just read loads of bad reviews about brakes and wheels.

5. lucchese

lucchese New commenter

Was just going to say, we have the Silvercross Pop which we take on holiday abroad alot and also use here as our only pushchair. See the thread I have just commented on and also another from a couple of weeks back.

6. I use Petite Star Zia+ its fab and light weight. The company do a re-work Friday when then they have loads of re-worked pushchairs at great prices.

Regarding a shade I hate parasols and the hoods aren't good enough. I bought a Shade-a-bebe, its a larger shade which ties around the hood of pushchair and it is longer and deeper and keeps the sun off her.

7. flimsynight

flimsynight New commenter

We always take our Maclaren Techno XT. It has a hood that unzips and comes down right over the little one (with a little window for them to see through) if its really too hot or they are sleeping without shade etc. And it lies completely flat, so better for them to have naps in etc than ones that don't recline completely. Saying all that, I don't have any experience of the ones the other posters have written about, so check them all out, just saying what works for us. x

8. snowcloud

snowcloud New commenter

Thanks I really like that Maclaren one too. Looks so good.

9. Hi
    I've also been looking at pushchairs and whilst I was looking seriously at the Silvercross Pop, I am a Maclaren Techno XT convert. I must say it was the extended sunvisor that won me. It's so expensive though but think it's worth it. I wanted to return my Quinny pushchair bit (as I doubt I'd use it if I had the Maclaren) but the store won't refund it as it comes with the frame (which I've already used). Bit of a pain as I can see the Quinny pushchair bit just sitting there brand new and not being used!

10. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

I honestly cannot praise the Maclaren Techno highly enough. I am a buggy addict (sad or what?!) and it's by far the best pushchair I've ever used.
    However, if you're looking for a more lightweight version, then I can also recommend the Maclaren Volo. It's just about the lightest on the market and is made of a mesh like, breathable material. It doesn't recline though.
    Happy hols!

11. Me too! I bought mine after reading an excellent review on here. It looks like it's going to come in handy when we go on holiday in May, as it has a sun canopy that pulls right down to their knees, practically. My only worry is about it getting damaged in the hold. I know you can buy cases, but they seem a bit pricey. [​IMG]