1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Good PSHE/Social skills resources?

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by RJR_38, Feb 21, 2010.

1. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

As some of you may know I am starting a SEN unit within a mainstream school. Most of the children I have come from a SEN school environment and we are finding that most of the main isues we have now (as expected) are linked to social situations and the children not knowing how to deal with them. I am going to implement an afternoon snack time where children will take turns being 'host' and we all sit around and talk about our day etc but I also want to use this time to play suitable PSHE games or discuss releveant issues (how to make friends, what to do if you are being teased etc). I know what I want to do but am finding it hard to know how to teach it! There seems to be lots of social story resources but it's hard to tell if they are going to be suitable from the catalogues. Has anyone got any hints/tips, recommendations of good places to look or resources to buy? I want to put a real emphasis on this over the coming months. Thanks!

2. I suggest you look to the Circle Time resources and books published by Jenny Mosely.