1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Good present for sax teacher?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Doitforfree, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Established commenter

My son will be going to university in September andwill therefore be finishing his sax lessons. His teachers is a lovely old gent and I'd like to get him something really nice to say thank you. The trouble is, he's at that stage in life whre he doesn't want a lot of things cluttering up his house. He's just given me a huge quantityof music because it ws taking up too much room. So any good ideas for an appropriate present? I thought of a mug with a sax on but that's a bit boring and he probably doesn't need one!

2. Doitforfree

My son will be going to university in September andwill therefore be finishing his sax lessons. His teachers is a lovely old gent and I'd like to get him something really nice to say thank you. The trouble is, he's at that stage in life whre he doesn't want a lot of things cluttering up his house. He's just given me a huge quantityof music because it ws taking up too much room. So any good ideas for an appropriate present? I thought of a mug with a sax on but that's a bit boring and he probably doesn't need one!

3. I don't know where you are geographically but what about something like a ticket for a prom or have a look locally for any visiting performers/orchestras/ensembles he might be interested.

4. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

Or the standard thing for people who don't want more clutter: a good case of wine that will leave nothing more than a warm glow.
    By the way, don't forget to remind your son that he will still be able to take sax lessons at uni.

5. Doitforfree

The wine's an excellent idea. I know he likes wine and isn't tremendously well off. Sadly his wife is a bit disbaled for a concert, and he's just had a hip done so I'm not sure if he'd manage a concert otherwise that would have been a nice idea too.

I'm worried my son might never touch the sax again! He's very shy and doesn't like doing new things so he won't put himself forward for things. I'll get him to take his sax and hope someone spots it and asks him to play! He originally learnt the sax because he'd heard a bari sax and thought it sounded like farting. I promised him a bari when he got good but by the time he was good he didn't want one anymore. Job done!