1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Good plays to inspire low ability English-only Year 11s? Suggestions appreciated.

Discussion in 'English' started by frangwe, Dec 12, 2011.

1. We are a bit short of class sets of good plays for low ability students who will be taking English only in the summer.

We do have copies of "Free" by David Grant, which went down well, but is aimed at younger students. I would like to buy another small class set aimed at 16 year olds, who are mostly not big readers, but there are half a dozen students who are willing to read aloud from appropriate plays.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!
    Thank you.

2. We are a bit short of class sets of good plays for low ability students who will be taking English only in the summer.

We do have copies of "Free" by David Grant, which went down well, but is aimed at younger students. I would like to buy another small class set aimed at 16 year olds, who are mostly not big readers, but there are half a dozen students who are willing to read aloud from appropriate plays.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!
    Thank you.

3. leola

leola New commenter

Our day out by ***** Russell?

4. wieldy

wieldy New commenter

I've found that both 'Blood Brothers' and 'An Inspector Calls' engage even the most reluctant readers.