1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

'Good' PGCE Primary trainee looking for main placement

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by WordNinja, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Hello

I am a trainee teacher on the PGCE Primary course at Nottingham Trent. I should be ready to graduate now, with an NQT job lined up – but illness earlier in the year during one of my three main placements meant that it needed to be completed again and I am now in the position of looking for my final placement to complete my training.

I have contacted a lot of schools, by post, email and phone and now wonder if this forum might be a good place to further my search. Perhaps you are looking for a trainee for staff CPD, or know of a school in the East Midlands that may be able to accommodate me?

The placement needs to be around 9 weeks, with the last 4 giving me 80% teaching responsibility, where I effectively take over the class. The weeks leading up that would be a ramping up of teaching time and general orientation and can be shortened to suit. I have a very empathetic partnership co-ordinator happy to support, liaise with and provide any training needed for any school.

I understand it’s a weird time of year to be looking for this kind of placement and many schools have already organised their schedule of trainees from partnership training providers; if I can secure a placement with a school happy to have me then I will happily complete it at another part of the school year.

My last placement was in a tough Year 4 class in a tough school with lots of behaviour issues. The school is situated in one of the most socially and economically deprived areas of Derbyshire. I have experience working with an extremely varied range of attainment – P Scale to 4b. There were also 3 children with SEND statements and a further third of the class had social, emotional or specific learning needs.

I left graded as 'good' overall against the current teachers standards and will be working hard to push forward to a 'high' grading at the end of my training. I had a good rapport with the staff and would be able to obtain a reference from the head teacher if needed.

I work hard to inspire and do a good job. I am 27, a mother of two and an English graduate with a 2:1 who wants to be a credit to any school placed in.

Any help at all would really be appreciated. Thank you for taking this time to read this.