1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

GOOD OR OUTSTANDING

Discussion in 'Primary' started by jog_on, Apr 11, 2012.

1. jog_on

jog_on New commenter

2. Marshall

Marshall Occasional commenter

Just had a quick look - like it!

3. warmandfuzzy

warmandfuzzy New commenter

Why was my membership declined?

4. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

I'm pretty sure my membership will be declined too.
    I did look at the site. it made me feel a little queasy. I also studied the content of some of the lessons. TBH, they seemed like pretty bog standard lessons to me....

5. I've had a quick look at some of the lessons and there are some fab ideas there. I particularly like the Anne Frank idea and I've tried learning logs before.

I also wanted to add a word of caution; the thing that makes an outstanding lesson is not 'wowness' but children being engaged with their learning and progressing within the lesson (I'm sure experienced teachers already know this). None of these ideas will produce an outstanding lesson unless adapted for your class. Just thought it might be a useful point to make, especially with interview silly season looming.

6. My membership was declined too.....! :-(

7. warmandfuzzy

warmandfuzzy New commenter

Glad I'm not alone! :-(

8. WolfPaul

WolfPaul New commenter

9. jog_on

jog_on New commenter

When were they declined?

Haven't declined anyone's membership. Will check it out now and see what's happened.

Yes, some of the lessons may look pretty standard, but delivery is important too :)

It was the culmination of a lot of effort from many members of here and I found and still find the whole thing incredibly useful and worthwhile
    :)

(PS edited to try to change the we're to WERE and adjust line spacing etc but it doesn't seem to be working. Using phone so maybe that's why?!)

10. jog_on

jog_on New commenter

I've just checked the site and can see no declined memberships. I'll have another look later when I'm not on my phone.

If you send me your wikispace user name via the private messages on here, I can have a closer look if that's ok.

11. Absolutely. Outstanding ideas are futile unless they are properly matched to the needs of the learners. In terms of inspection/monitoring, the one off 'wow' lessons that make outstanding are a thing of the past.