1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Good Omens by Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman

Discussion in 'Personal' started by MAGAorMIGA, Jun 20, 2019.

1. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Star commenter

Has been turned into a TV serial starring David Tennant and Michael Sheen. I would like to thank the US Christian group who raised a 20,000 signature petition against it for giving me my best laugh for ages, and drawing my attention to the existence of this programme, which I will now certainly watch, and book, which I will now certainly read.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2...d-omens-christian-neil-gaiman-terry-pratchett

afterdark and agathamorse like this.
  2. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

Guardian said it was not very good. Having writ that I don't necessarily agree with Grauniad reviews, but it didn't appeal. They have said the Catch 22 tonight is good, so I might give that a go. Channel 4 are pushing it very heavily, which they have done with other stuff I have hated.

3. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Lead commenter

Casting Christopher Biggins as Aziraphale was a mistake.

lanokia likes this.
  4. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

The DUPpers and Free Ps haven't been protesting over here.

5. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

One of my favourite books [I have two copies] and a very good production. The two leads play well off each other [although Sheen is visually reminiscent of Christopher Biggins].

I'd watch a sequel with Tennant and Sheen in a pub discussing... anything... in character of course.

Good enough I might rewatch it soon.

MAGAorMIGA and agathamorse like this.
  6. friedgreentomatoes

friedgreentomatoes Senior commenter

I really enjoyed it - I think Tennant and Sheen were so good that I could easily overlook any little bits that weren't great (I agree about the Biggins thing though!).

agathamorse and lanokia like this.
  7. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

It's a bit slow to start but gets better - is very true to the book (thank you Neil Gaimon) and there are a couple of lovely easter eggs in some of the episodes. I'm not entirely sure about all the casting, but thought Tennant and Sheen were very good.

8. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Damn it! Netflix have caved to social media outrage culture!!!!!
    upload_2019-6-21_20-25-2.png

:D:D:D:D

agathamorse and MAGAorMIGA like this.
  9. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Mind you it was typically Terry Pratchet; not enough naked women.

10. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Throbbingwibblybits

primarycat and racroesus like this.
  11. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

No good just talking about them.

12. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

What else can one do?

In this blighted age... In a landscape strewn with the detritus of forgotten pasts ill formed by memory... all we have is voice ... a desperate eulogy to our own pathetic existence in the face of an uncaring universe.

Still... weekend tomorrow! Woo

agathamorse likes this.