1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Good old TES or a scam?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon2113, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Just received an email....

Dear TES Customer,

Just to let you know that we have locked your TES Connect account due to repeated incorrect login attempts.

This is a protective measure to safeguard your details but don't worry, you can copy and paste the following link into your browser to reset your login details.

https://account.tes.co.uk/resetlogin/

Best wishes,
    The TES Team
    http://www.tes.co.uk

Obviously not.
    Anybody else had this?

2. No I haven't seen that before Bauble.

3. catmother

catmother Lead commenter

Neither have I.

4. Oooooo perhaps I have been chosen from on high.

5. As the most gullible poster?

6. I'd go along with that.

7. I have managed to lock my account by forgetting my password, the email I recieved was from 'TES help'

[/i]
    [/i]

<font color="black" face="Arial" size="2">Sorry to hear you&rsquo;re
    unable to log on. As a security measure members are locked out after 5
    unsuccessful log on attempts.</font>

[/i]
    I&rsquo;ve now unlocked your
    account and reset your password. </font><font color="black" face="Arial" size="2">Please try logging on
    with the following information:</font>[/i]
    [/i]
    [/i]
    Password:******
    </font>
    BUT this was after me contacting Bev realising I had totally forgotten my password.

8. It is strange but this email was unsolicited and , obviously, my account has not been locked.

9. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Is it possible that someone had tried to log in as you?

Clearly your account hasn't been locked, but then when did TES work as it should?

10. Help, help I have been hacked . Any posts under the name of Bauble for the next 24 hours are NOT me and I CANNOT be held responsible. :&not;))

11. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

I feel a Dangerous Bauble event coming on!

12. Blow it out your petuchi, sister.

13. Knock yourself out, Bauble! All that repressed rage - now's your chance. [​IMG]
    My husband got an email from his own hotmail account asking him if he'd like to buy a genuine Rolex.

14. Richie Millions

Richie Millions New commenter

I worry when he gets all frisky x

15. It looks like one of our automated emails but if you are concerned, please forward the email to help@tes.co.uk for verification. If it was one of ours and you clicked the link, this would have unlocked your account if it was locked.

16. Thanks Bev . Harminder has sorted it and sent the lads round to the perpetrator.

17. I haven't had the email, but I have had to reapply for a password every time I have tried to log in over the past 5 days or so.
    Not because I had forgotten it but because the site keeps telling me I have typed it in wrongly WHEN I HAVEN'T!
    I wasn't even given 5 attempts!
    For it to happen once, ok.
    But for it to happen every blinking time I want to log in is just annoying and plain daft.