1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Good news!

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Si N. Tiffick, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Si N. Tiffick

Si N. Tiffick Occasional commenter

OK, I realise that personal is the place for this, but you guys are more likely to give a stuff. I got the job today! A 1 year contract (jobs are like hen's teeth up here)- over 400 applicants and feedback was that I won it by a mile. I'm feeling ever so chuffed!

2. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

That sounds super competitive. Congratulations, you must have been outstanding! [​IMG]

3. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

Well done you. I shall open a bottle to celebrate. How do you intend to celebrate yourself?

4. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

Congratulations...I have been given a gift of some bottles of cider (a 'tasting' pack - each bottle is made with one specific variety of apple)...I shall open a bottle in your honour!

5. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

Wahey! Fantastic news Si! What's the position? Congrats! xx

6. Congratulations, Si! That's fantastic news and you've every right to feel very proud. I think Cookery has turned into something much more than just posting about just food, and that's a very good thing.

7. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

YES!
    Well done, Si! I knew you'd get the job - they'd have been crazy not to hire you!
    Quite right - this is a community in its own right!

8. henriette

henriette New commenter

Congratulations!
    [​IMG]

9. Si N. Tiffick

Thanks, everyone! Nick- It's a 1 year temp contract in a school about 10 miles away from me- a really deprived area so the children have many problems but the school is truly wonderful- brilliant ethos, amazing staff and I looooove working there. There's a teacher retiring there in a year's time (when my contract will end) and so if I do a good job this year, I could be in a strong position when they are interviewing for her permanent role next year. I am so pleased- up here competition is so tough- the job I interviewed for (and failed) last week had 439 applicants, this one had over 400 too. I had an interview lined up for mONday, but I don't need to go through that, now! So relieved.
    Sorry there is nothing food related about this thread- though to celebrate, I took C out for a meal and gelato. Going out tomorrow night for old friends' leaving do- they're off back to New Zealand for good, and I may just have a few French Martinis to celebrate my own new beginning.

10. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

I know how it feels, been in that position myself, so I now how fabulouslt elated and way over the moon you are. Really, really pleased for you and hope it leads to more. Well done!!

11. Congratulations - I told you you were going to get it! [​IMG]

12. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

Very well done. Sounds like tough competition so how nice to hear that you won it by a long chalk.

13. anon468

anon468 New commenter

FANTASTIC!!! That's tremendous news, Si. I told you the lucky penny never fails. [​IMG]
    Enjoy your celebrations, because you is so worth it. xxx

14. That is such good news Si - well done! Very pleased for you
    C x

15. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

Woke up thinking about your news this morning, Si, and how well you did to get through - an amazing achievement: Well done again!
    I agree wholeheartedly. It's a lovely little community and long may it prosper.

16. Absolutely wonderful news and by the sounds of it thoroughly well-deserved. Congratulations [​IMG]

17. Si N. Tiffick

I woke up this morning with the familiar supply anxiety of "will there be any work today?" then remembered I got the job yesterday- it was such a delicious realisation and I stayed in bed for an extra 10 mins grinning to myself! I'm off out tonight with friends to celebrate- brother in law has offered to babysit so I can have a drink or two!!!
    Thanks for all your well wishes!

18. I hope you had good time, Si.
    Congratulations, just make sure you thoroughly enjoy the summer holiday [​IMG]

19. Si N. Tiffick

Thanks! Had a flippin' brilliant night. Somewhat regretting having had quite so much to drink now though... Had a really good night with lots of old friends I don't see nearly enough of.