1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Good news for the environment and society

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lanokia, Nov 21, 2019.

1. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

2. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

lanokia likes this.
  3. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

We can but hope...

4. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Star commenter

I like Coldplay - "Ghost Stories" was a terrific album - but it's a good decision. They can reach far larger audiences by live-streaming a concert held here anyway, rather than go in person to, say, South America.

5. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Indeed... theatres broadcast live productions of RSC performances.

Always thought the RSC and others should pool their productions and have a streaming website where people can watch Shakespeare, ballet or opera productions ...

High class streaming.

Bet it turns out they already do that...

Jamvic likes this.
  6. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

I went to one of those RSC live streamed things, it had Branagh and Dame Judy in who I never would have been able to see at theatre in North Wales. It was very engaging and about as good as being there with a very high quality transmission.

Jamvic and lanokia like this.
  7. mothorchid

mothorchid Star commenter

We go regularly to the live streamed shows, and we love seeing the kind of high quality drama we'd never be able to see otherwise, and it costs us £10.50 each. That wouldn't buy an interval drink in most theatres in the West End. And it brings in a different audience to the usual cinema goers, which has to be a good thing, surely.
    I think some concerts have been live-streamed already, butI can't remember who or when.

8. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

I was never a Coldplay fan but we saw them perform at the 2012 Paralympic Closing Ceremony and I was surprised at how good they were live.

9. Kandahar

Kandahar Established commenter

We can hope...just noticed Mr Lanokia got there first.

lanokia likes this.
  10. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

Who would we hope would be supporting them on their non-tour?

lanokia likes this.
  11. Kandahar

The Only Ones.

12. primarycat

Don't know them and too late and tired to YouTube now. Why did you pick them? (Asking as interested, not a demand for you to justify your choice.)

13. Kandahar

One of the few alternative groups from the late 70s, with a distinctive uncommercial sound. Largely forgotten today.

Of course their name would be flitting.

primarycat likes this.
  14. primarycat

I'll have a listen at some point.

Kandahar likes this.
  15. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

You'll know their 'hit' Another Girl, Another Planet. One of the best intro's ever.

16. primarycat

I don't know it but it is a great intro. They seem much too good to support Coldplay on a non-tour.

17. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

*listens to it for the first time*

Realises he knows it... didn't know the band name!

LOVE IT!!!!!

18. NoseyMatronType

NoseyMatronType Lead commenter

Interestingly, Bob Jope - the English teacher who blew the whistle on what RT star Nigel Farage got up to as a sixth-former - also went to school with Pete Perrett, the lead singer of The Only Ones. There's a picture of them together in Nina Antonia's book on Perrett.

But anyway, given a choice between Coldplay and Radiohead, the fact that the latter maintain a sustainable mouse farm has to give them the edge when it comes to being eco-friendly.

[​IMG]

primarycat likes this.