1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Good mascara?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by sensei123, Feb 24, 2011.

1. After wearing my cheap mascara this week and ending up looking like a panda by the end of the evening (and I didn't cry!) I've decided to invest in a new mascara that stays on my lashes.
    Any recommendations?
    I'm still on a budget so can't afford anything over £10 but there are so many options I wondered which brands other Tessers rated?

2. After wearing my cheap mascara this week and ending up looking like a panda by the end of the evening (and I didn't cry!) I've decided to invest in a new mascara that stays on my lashes.
    Any recommendations?
    I'm still on a budget so can't afford anything over £10 but there are so many options I wondered which brands other Tessers rated?

3. Any of the Maybelline 'Falsies' collection been using it for ages and it stays put ALL day! x

4. Eva_Smith

Eva_Smith Established commenter

I agree, the Maybelline range is great and isn't too expensive either. I use the lift and curl one which gives great lift and really helps open up my eyes (I don't need any help with length, but my lashes tend to be very straight and this mascara does the job brilliantly).
    Only about £6 in Boots.

5. Also a Maybelline fan. Maybelline define a lash xx

6. 6 squids for mascara? Good grief! Whats wrong with a bit of soot from the fireplace?
    Needless to say you wouldn't get mascara if I were in charge of your "budget". [​IMG]
    ( Just leg pulling. Looking for something to post on in a moment of boredom)

7. With my very first pay packet way back in 197.... I bought a pair of Christian Dior tights that cost 12 shillings and a Lancome mascara that cost £1 and 5 shillings. The tights lasted 3 months (because in those days we mended tights) and the love of Lancome lasted a lifetime. It is the only one that makes my menopausal lashes look halfway decent.

8. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

Lancome or Dior. Nothing else comes close.

9. I swear by Max FActor 2000 Calorie. Nice in blue. (Can you tell I'm an 80's girl??)

10. Oh my God! Don't tell me they join in with all the other horrors of the menopause...

11. The new rimmel ones are pretty good as well.
    I always swear by benefit mascara or No7 but tried a cheaper rimmel one the other day (damn budget!) that is quite good.