1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Good Luck

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by thejudgesscoresarein, Jul 16, 2020.

1. thejudgesscoresarein

thejudgesscoresarein Established commenter

As we approach the final days of term, I’d like to take this opportunity to wish everyone every happiness.

I would also like to take this opportunity to wish those Headteacher’s like myself who are retiring all the best for their future endeavours. Hasn’t exactly been the year we all anticipated it to be.

Joined the profession in 1982 at the age of 22, and took up my headship in 1997 at the age of 37. Worked at the same school since September 1993. My first day as Headteacher was the day after Princess Diana died- I remember the day as if it was yesterday.

Although I’m leaving the profession for good, I will still be on here providing advice and support to you fellow TES’ers!

2. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Star commenter

Hope your last days at school were good ones, @thejudgesscoresarein. What a year to choose to end on!
    Wishing you happy times ahead - enjoy your new adventures.

Scifihel and welshwales like this.