1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Good Luck to everyone!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Penguin1212, May 8, 2011.

1. With Monday fast approaching - just thought I would wish everyone Good Luck for the impending SATs/NCTs - hopefully they will get something fun to read, interesting to write about and maths questions that give them a chance to shine rather than looked confused!!! [​IMG]

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Thank you very much...am getting pished in anticipation!

Good luck to you too!

3. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

I had a nightmare last night. My lot handed all their writing papers in and they were blank! I asked them why and they said the pens didn't work but they didn't want to tell me as they thought I would be upset[​IMG]
    I think I'm stressing out!

Good Luck to everyone too!

4. marlin

marlin Star commenter

I've got supply for the next two weeks ........ in a year 6 class!
    Need to read up the arrangements - it's a few years since I did SATs with a class of my own!

5. Me too!!! Though in mine the children were given a playscript to do.... let's hope that nightmare doesn't become real!

6. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

LOL We never got as far as the SATs in mine. Other year 6 teacher and I were too busy fretting about desks and papers. Then realised it was too late to do the tests and we'd missed them!

7. poet

poet New commenter

I dreamt we were given an oral debate - that the test format had changed and nobody had told me. Was awful.

8. I had a dream the writing papers were in Spanish! Moi... stressed?! Good luck to everyone!

9. OOO Ive had dreams too, thought I was odd!
    Mine was that when we opened the reading papers inside the cover were nothign but blank papers....the kids all just stared and when I phoned the exam board they said it was my fault, nothing could be done and all pupils would receive a 0.! I sat and cried in the office! LOL

10. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

LOLOLOL amazing how most of us are dreaming and stressing about things going wrong due to us screwing up than the children not having a clue.

Soooooo pleased to read this thread. Thank you whoever started it!

11. flickaz

flickaz New commenter

I'm beginning to think I've been cloned several times! Either that or there's something they give you when you teach year 6 that makes you become slightly loopy and stress of stupid things!

12. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

LOLOLOLOL flickaz. I tell my class that I get paid to be completely loopy! Some of the more gullible ones believe that the HT asks at interview if you are completely mad and if you say yes you get the job, if you say no then you don't.
    Bless them.

13. I teach Year 6 and we've got OFSTED on Tues and Wed. Give me some sympathy and wish me luck please!!! :)

14. Oh my goodness. Big good luck! xx

15. oh my word! double good luck for the week ahead!

16. razziegyp

razziegyp New commenter

Lagerlover, I SO feel for you!!!! Good luck EVERYBODY!!!! xxx

17. Lagerlover - what planet are OFSTED on - surely they could give schools a break during SATs week!

18. flickaz

flickaz New commenter

Lagerlover thats just cruel! Double good luck to you! (and a double of whatever you like drinking to everyone else!)

19. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Yeps double luck to you lagerlover...Think you might need something stronger than lager this week!

20. Hey Lager Lover

I had OfSTED in during SAT's week in my first year of doing SAT tests. I thought it was awful until I realised they were going to leave me alone! They went through my books whilst I was doing tests and chatted with my kids informally at lunchtime/breaktime about how they had prepared for tests.

I did circle times after each test due to get the worries out in the open and then did very practical, hands on lessons in the afternoons such as rounders! I hope you have an easy a ride as I did!! Good luck!