1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Good luck Joli

Discussion in 'Personal' started by buntycat, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Best wishes for your bone marrow transplant tomorrow (?) I hope you and your sister get through it OK and your family spoil you while you recover.
    God Bless
    xxx

2. Tomorrow! All the best, will keep everything crossed.

3. joli2

joli2 New commenter

Thanks, that's very kind of you to remember. It's been delayed until Thursday (3 more days of freedom and wine) when I go in for 'conditioning treatment' aka heavy chemo. The actual transplant is on 16th.

4. anon468

anon468 New commenter

My very best wishes also, joli. I'll be thinking of you both.
    manny
    xx

5. joli2

joli2 New commenter

I've recently been losing my hair after previous chemo and shaved the last of it off today in preparation for next week. I have a head the size and shape of a peanut, so if I do have a huge **** (ref. other thread) it's now going to look even bigger. Joy [​IMG]

6. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

weeble

7. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

Good Luck as well.
    I hope it is okay, the mrs (from the artforum) wishes you all the best too.

8. best wishes and prayers, Joli

x

9. joli2

joli2 New commenter

Ta [​IMG]
    However, you will get fed up with me moaning; the recently discovered discrepancy in size between head and **** is just the start...

10. We will embrace it [​IMG]

11. Best wishes Joli, I will be thinking about you and your family.
    Hope Thursday doesn't take too much out of you and I am sure your head and bum are completely well-balanced ;) xx

12. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

[​IMG]
    Think positive, your bm's behind you and your eyes in front, so unless you make the attempt you won't see it.
    [​IMG]

13. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

I hope you don't mind me adding my very best wishes (I don't know you very well), just wanted to let you know that I will be thinking of you this week x

14. Good luck for tomorrow x

15. joli2

joli2 New commenter

I just wanted to say.....nearly 6 months after my transplant and I'm doing well. It was really tough for the first three months, but I went back to work today after a whole year off in total. I'm only doing very part-time and have given up my HoD role for now, but so pleased to be back.
    Also, in case you are wondering, my ar*e has now shrunk to the size of a couple of peanuts in a loose bag and my hair is growing back into a curly mini afro. So I'm much more balanced [​IMG]

16. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I don't think any of us could begin to imagine how tough it must have been/ must be but you've come through it like a trouper. I hope your health continues to improve.
    Curly affros might make a return to fashion iconism!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Hurray! I'm so glad that you are feeling better.

18. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Glad to hear that you are doing well and to have the important news that your ar*e has shrunk xx

19. lunarita

lunarita Occasional commenter

Thank you for the update joli - it's lovely to have such good news and I'm very happy for you.