1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Good independent activities for Year 2s on the class computer

Discussion in 'Primary' started by eythlm, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Hello. I'm new to Year 2 and have a class which are very keen to use the class computers.
    Current favourites are a NUMBER SHARK programm, but I want to encourage them to use other
    programms and websites, with minimal adult support.
    I'd be really grateful if anyone can recommend any activities or websites that are appropreiate and successful with Year 2s. Thanks

2. bigbev

bigbev New commenter

Any of the KS1 BBC Bitesize activities (Literacy/Numeracy) are a good start as are phonics play activities and ictgames.com (Literacy/Numeracy) have a good selection as well. Education City is good but you need your school to subscribe.
    Hope that helps

3. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

You simply need to teach the programs you want them to use as a class, then have them work in pairs swapping 1 at a time so that one who has been using it independently can stay on and support the next.
    What programs to use? well what do you have? what objectives do you want to address with this work?

4. www.ictgames.com

http://www.primarygames.co.uk/ (these need to be bought but are great value)

Fresco

We also have a class blog and I encourage them to post about their learning when on the computer 'choosing'.