1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Good fundraising ideas?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by nats30, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Looking for some fantastic ideas for fundraising as the head dug my outside area up over the summer to empty the drain and has left me with uneven tarmac a drop of about 30cm onto this rubbish carpet surface. A new fence has been erected with a lock but they put the fence infront of my shed door so i can't open it.
    To cut a long story short i need to raise money to re do the garden, any ideas before my class grows to 53!!!!

2. Looking for some fantastic ideas for fundraising as the head dug my outside area up over the summer to empty the drain and has left me with uneven tarmac a drop of about 30cm onto this rubbish carpet surface. A new fence has been erected with a lock but they put the fence infront of my shed door so i can't open it.
    To cut a long story short i need to raise money to re do the garden, any ideas before my class grows to 53!!!!

3. Apply to Awards for All - you can ask for up to £10,000 for a project and the form is not too difficult to complete.
    we had a sponsored painting session in June in our nursery and raised £1,000.
    Depends how much you want...

4. Thanks great idea, i will look out the form. I think its going to take quite a bit of money and my TA has big ideas! I did think it would be a good project with the kids to design and research the garden they want.

What did you do with your painting session?

5. Have you applied for your free trees?

The Woodland Trust THESE PACKS WILL BE DELIVERED TO SCHOOLS IN NOVEMBER 2007. Copse Pack, Hedgerow Pack ... FOR FREE YOUTH GROUP TREE PACKS CLICK HERE ...
    www.woodland-trust.org.uk/hedge/

6. Fund raising ideas:

Build a wooden tower 10p per block (my daughter got up to 22 blocks before they fell!)

Sponsored bike ride around the play area

Sponsored jumps on a bouncey castle in one minute(fun for the kids to do)

Fill a matchbox with the most objects (can be done at home)

Pub quiz

Car boot

Ebay

7. I give 10% cashback to all schools, nurseries, charities or groups when their supporters buy online at my Barefoot Books website. Just ask me for a code and all your supporters can buy online and quote the code at the checkout.

Janet
    www.barefootforcharity.co.uk

8. Is this something that you are still offering?

9. fulloffun

fulloffun New commenter

Could you have an enterprise day? the children could plant seeds in recycled pots (eg cut off bottom of plastic milk bottles) they could grow them on and sell them .( especially money raising if you getthe parents to send in seeds,free seeds from magazines etc)
    We have made playdough and sold it to the rest of the school and nursey again ask for donations of out of date flour etc.We are making sun catchers and bird scarers out of recycled plastics..these could be sold to parents.
    Is this the type of thing you are thinking about?