1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Good for you Miriam!

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by jonowen, Jan 11, 2011.

1. jonowen

jonowen Occasional commenter

Great to hear that Miriam (O'Reilley) has won her unfair dismissal from Countryfile - I wish they would get rid of John Craven, he looks about 60 anyway and we've had to put up with him for the last 40 years. And what about Adam's father?

2. jonowen

No, but the Beeb is definitely being sexist - OK Jan Leeming is an exception, but Cilla Black "left" before she was pushed, Esther Ranzen rarely appears as does Gloria Honeyford.
    Bruce Forsyth, John Craven,Terry Wogan, Michael Parkinson, to name but a few - had they been female would they have been on TV in their late middle-age years? I doubt it.

3. I agree, jon, women are eye-candy wrt television.
    It's not right but it will take decades to sort out.
    I wonder if the outcome of this case will have any effect in the short-term? Since the case Miriam has earned a mere £500 - I wish I had the balls to go through hell like that!

4. jonowen

You feeling OK Jim? Not like us to agree?!!
    (your balls? no comment!!!)
    [​IMG]

5. You're not a big argue-ee of mine jon, and you're right to leave my balls out of it . . .

6. jonowen