1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Good fight scenes in children's films

Discussion in 'Primary' started by purplehands, May 5, 2011.

1. My year 5 class are working on writing myths based around the story line of Theseus and the Minotaur. I want to show them a short scene from a film that shows a hero battling against some sort of beast/monster to help kickstart their writing. Has anyone got any good ideas? if it is avaliable on youtube (which we have access to at school) or similar that would make life very easy indeed! Thanks

2. My year 5 class are working on writing myths based around the story line of Theseus and the Minotaur. I want to show them a short scene from a film that shows a hero battling against some sort of beast/monster to help kickstart their writing. Has anyone got any good ideas? if it is avaliable on youtube (which we have access to at school) or similar that would make life very easy indeed! Thanks

3. I have used Jason and the Argonauts before now, partly because I love it. The scene where he fights the skeleton men is available on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yYeZMx1Y7U
    Also the Sinbad films from the same era with special effects by Harryhausen.