1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Good Enough to Eat topic for class KS1 PMLD/SLD/ASD

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by vix62, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Hi guys, i'm doing the topic 'Good Enough to Eat' in September and was just wondering if anyone had any ideas about books/stories I could use. I feel if I can choose those then i'll be able to think up loads of other ideas based around them. Thanks,
    Vix.

2. Hi guys, i'm doing the topic 'Good Enough to Eat' in September and was just wondering if anyone had any ideas about books/stories I could use. I feel if I can choose those then i'll be able to think up loads of other ideas based around them. Thanks,
    Vix.

3. languageisheartosay

languageisheartosay Occasional commenter

Old favourites The Tiger who came to Tea and The very hungry Caterpillar come to mind. The former would lend itself to discussion of what <u>sorts</u> of food he found and lots of discussion about what the kids like, if you could really drink all the water in the tap... + acting the story out and taking photos/making a video. The latter links to life cycle sequence cards, sums (counting holes made with a hole punch), and could be a great prompt for art work.

4. Come to tea on Planet Zum Zee
    pass the Jam Jim