1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Good ecology story books

Discussion in 'English' started by Mrnotsoperfect, Aug 14, 2007.

1. I'm looking at local ecology when I return to school in September. Can anyone think of any good fiction/nonfiction stories that I could read to the children regarding ecology? I don't wish to scare my class into some eco-doom story just maybe a short, thought provoking story?

what about movies?

2. I'm looking at local ecology when I return to school in September. Can anyone think of any good fiction/nonfiction stories that I could read to the children regarding ecology? I don't wish to scare my class into some eco-doom story just maybe a short, thought provoking story?

what about movies?

3. You don't say what year group you will be teaching so some of these may not be appropriate, but why not try:-

The Great Kapok Tree - A tale of the Amazon Rain Forest/ A River Ran Wild - Lynne Cherry (American but worth a look)

Window - Jeannie Baker (excellent by the way but no words although none needed as pictures speak volumes)

Saving Finnegan - Sally Grindley - a story about a stranded whale (also deals with death)

4. ghafran

ghafran New commenter

hiya. how's you