1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

good easy recipe for muesli bars...

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by NellyFUF, Jun 12, 2011.

1. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

I have googled for this but as usual I am bewildered by all the recipes. Also tried making bars like flapjack but they were yeucky. Any fool proof recipes?

2. I presume you need measurments?
    I don't make mine with measurements, I judge by eye but I make mine with
    oats
    apple (chopped)
    runny honey which I melt with some butter
    brown sugar
    raisins, nuts, dried apricots, cranberries or whatever takes my fancy or what I have available.
    At a guess I would say I use 200g of everything for a standard tray (20 x 30), and 400g oats (so twice as many oats as the rest)
    180° for about 15 to 20 mins.
    For the kids I add some melted chocolate on the top.

3. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

Melt 140g butter, 3tbsp golden syrup, 140g light muscavado sugar in a pan and then stir in 250g oats, 110g dried fruit, 85g chopped nuts, 50g seeds and 50g chopped dried apricots. Put the mix into greased and lined tray and bake for 35 mins in a preheated oven at GM3. Leave to cool completely before you cut it into bars.

4. That is more or less my recipe but with measurments, lol.
    I just bung it all in.

5. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

I tend to bung it all in now as well but they were my starting point!
    What is even better (and I shouldn't admit to this) is to not properly cook the mixture so it stays all crumbly, cool it and store it then eat it for breakfast with an unhealthy amount of double cream and some fruit.