1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Good Collection of Short Stories

Discussion in 'Primary' started by pitarin, Sep 15, 2012.

1. I love reading novels to my clas, but right now they have a pretty short attention span and was wondering if anybody knew of good collections of short stories for lots of differnt ages. It would be great to find ones that can be read and finished within 30 minutes as this means I can read 2 a week and the children can see the the full story arc whilst not having to take 2 weeks to finish the book.
    Any advice would be great. THanks in advance.

2. DFC

DFC New commenter

Which year group?

3. Short! By Kevin's crossly holland and all the other books in the same series :)

4. Cheers, just bought them on Amazon.

5. hi - 'the goalkeeper's revenge' and 'late night on watling street', both by bill naughton, are two absolutely superb collections of short stories - based on events in his own childhood, naughton's stories are full of interest - sometimes sad, sometimes funny but always engaging - i have used them with children from yr3 to yr6 and they seem to capture the attention and interest of almost all - well worth buying a copy of each - you'll use them again and again - and you'll soon discover your own favourites and which are shorter, which are slightly longer - best wishes, kk