1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

good and reasonable guided reading books

Discussion in 'Primary' started by katehever, May 18, 2011.

1. Hi, can anyone recommend a scheme of guided reading books for key stage 2 which are quite reasonable. We seem to have no reading books for key stage 2 at all! I am new to the role and need to try to rectify this as cheaply as possible. All advice very welcome.

Thanks
    Kate

2. Hi, can anyone recommend a scheme of guided reading books for key stage 2 which are quite reasonable. We seem to have no reading books for key stage 2 at all! I am new to the role and need to try to rectify this as cheaply as possible. All advice very welcome.

Thanks
    Kate

3. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

Have a look at The Book People site - they have a lot of sets of books, if you order multiple copies you could provide quite a good range of guided reading, e.g. at the moment they have ORT Time Chronicles at 13 books for a tenner.... I know not everyone likes ORT, but these are fine for KS2 guided reading.