1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Goldilocks - Pie Corbett and oral storytelling

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by minilady, Jan 26, 2012.

1. hi there
    i teach in reception and our next core story is Goldilocks just wondered if this traditional tale is suitable for oral story telling with actions.
    have previously done enormous turnip and that was fine but am worried there's too much story content for Goldilocks to be successfully done in the pie corbett approach
    any advice/ideas welcome
    thanks

2. katiejane1

katiejane1 New commenter

We do it every year, I worked with Pie on the family story telling pilot, and yes fs can do it. we have just finished Goldilocks, and now the children have innovated their own story of The ninja and the Three Tigers. We also write our own invented class story every week. They have coped fine with it and can re-tell, role-play, etc the story fine, Even my SEN children know the story by rote.
    I have the script for Goldilocks if you want a copy emailing?

dani18 likes this.
  3. hi KatieJane
    thanks for your help - would be grateful for a copy of your script suetozer@hotmail.co.uk
    many thanks (tried to send a message earlier but not sure it delivered)
    Sue

4. Hi !
    I am a Reception teacher at the British school of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. I would love to have a copy of your script for Goldilocks, if possible.
    Thank you in advance,
    Ana Sodre
    asodre@britishschool.g12.br

5. LizzieTish

LizzieTish New commenter

Could I please have a copy of the script of Goldilocks too? Many thanks

6. LizzieTish

LizzieTish New commenter

7. Hi could I have a copy too please.
    cathyj135@aol.com
    Thanks

8. Hi katiejane
    I have send you a message with my email (I didn't want to put my email on here) - please could you send me the Goldilocks script for storytelling? Many thanks.

9. choralsongster

choralsongster New commenter

We are shortly to be covering Fairy Tales, and Goldilocks is always a favourite. It would be good to put a different twist onto it. Please could you send me a copy: RaynerKM@aol.com
    Many thanks xx

10. LauraJeanD

LauraJeanD New commenter

Hi everyone! I have recently started doing oral story telling with my class and it is going SO well. We just finished the little red hen. It worked a lot better than when I did the Enormous Turnip as I had a script to go from which kept things simple. Also because I could watch the youtube video of Pie himself telling the tale. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find scripts/videos of other stories being told? Thanks! laura-day@live.com

11. Msz

Msz Established commenter

12. Hi, I know this is an old post but could you please send me a copy? maureendoohan57@hotmail.com. Thank you so much

13. dani18

dani18 New commenter

My email is danielle.evans@abacus.esf.org.hk - I would really love the script and actions of Goldilocks if you still have it. Thanks, Danielle