1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Goldilocks and the three bears planning

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by elela48, Feb 18, 2010.

1. I am teaching reception and need some ideas for teaching Goldilocks and the three bears.
    Any ideas would be appreciated!!

2. inky

inky Lead commenter

Don't you tell it before teaching it?

3. inky

inky Lead commenter

Sorry. That slipped out.
    I just found your post a bit odd.

4. -writing a letter from Goldilocks to Baby Bear to say sorry for breaking his chair
    -re-telling the stoy and thinking of different endings
    - comparing sizes
    -making and eating porridge
    -build a new chair for baby bear
    Is this the sort of thing you wanted?

5. May2

May2 Occasional commenter

Have you looked on the resouces section on here. There are powerpoints of the story and I think I got pictures of the story to sequence from here. I read the story first and then we acted it out with the children putting on the voices. We then set up our role play area as The Three Bears Cottage and this group of children have really loved it and have come out with all the story language and then taken the story further, it has been brilliant. We just made felt brown ears in three sizes and attached to a hair band, got the bowl, spoons, chairs, beds and they were away.
    They also made 3 bears and goldilocks simple puppets stuck on a lolly stick which they used to re-enact the story as well. We used 3 small bears in our doll's house as well. You could go on to other bear stories or talk about real bears etc, They could bring their own bears to school and draw/write about them etc.
    I did the story in Nursery but I am sure there is lots more you can do in Reception. There is also The Three Bears Rap in Foundation Stage Misic Express if you have it in your school.

6. Of course you would read it first!!
    Well I have not taught reception for a long while and I am teaching for an afternoon - with the view of being in reception in the next year.

Lots of great ideas - want mostly communication language and literacy - so any other ideas would be great!!

7. I did Goldilocks last half term if you want me to send you some of my planning for both indoors and outdoors let me know.

8. That would be wonderful!!
    elela4@hotmail.com
    Thanks

9. you have mail, let me know what you think.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I think you should definitely teach Goldilocks that she shouldn't be going into strange bears' houses and eating their food and getting into their bed! You could probably teach the bears that it's sensible to lock your door when you are going for a walk.

I think we should all bear in mind that the MOST IMPORTANT thing is the story and not in how many ways we can mince it up and mash it about it to meet 'targets'.

11. Msz

Msz Established commenter

Do the children know the story?
    Ask them to be the storyteller

12. I know you wrote this post a year ago- im nit sure if you you will receive this email- but i was wondering would you be able to send me the plans for goldilock?
    thankx

13. Hi,

would you be able to send me too please as I am going to my first block placement and I really enjoy this book.

Thank you.

PS.My e-mail is kikas_winda644@hotmail.com

14. Hi I did this last term. I set up role play-3 bears cottage covered with leaves and green netting, had 3 teddies, 3 bowls and spoons and some bear headbands etc. They got the most out of that as they loved acting out the story. Also had porridge oats and water in tuff spot-didn,t hear a sound in the classroom!

15. would you be able to send me some of your planning too please, im a final year student and would really appreciate some ideas and inspiration!!

many thanks

amanda.h89@hotmail.co.uk

16. Please would you be able to send me some of your plans please for reception goldilocks and the three bears inside and outside? I have to do a guided reading with them too but then I'm hoping to expand upon it with the children. I'm a trainne teacher and this will be my first week with this age-group so any help would be amazing. Thanks xx

17. Any chance I could have the planning too?
    jlgdavies@hotmail.com
    Thanks

18. Hi, I've to teach this book to early years class also and struggling with some ideas especially the outdoor ones. Any chance I could also get a copy of your Goldilocks plans? Thanks

Email is corinnequinn@hotmail.com