1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

golden time ideas.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by totallyhappy, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    I know there are lots of threads about golden time, however they seem to focus on it happening for a session once a week, the school i have just begun teaching in does it differently, 10minutes at the end of each day (same deal as most, it is lost for poor behavior).
    But because we do it every day for the short time i need lots of ideas i can swap round, dont take long to set up or put away because we dont have the time.
    I have computers in the room (3) so can put stuff on those and have board games and colouring, but really hoping for some more inventive ideas!!
    Looking forward to reading the suggestions

2. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

I have a couple of documents 1 on circle time, 1 on cooperative games if you are interested. PM or post an email and I'll happily send them to you.

3. Waiguoren

Waiguoren New commenter

How about having a different theme for each day? Stop it getting repetitive. The last thing you want is for the kids to get BORED of Golden Time!
    For eg,
    Monday: whole class game (part game, like musical chairs or winking murder)
    Tuesday: watch cartoon
    Wednesday: play whole class fun game on IWB (try http://mrkohll.weebly.com/10e-fun-reward-games.html )
    Thursday: read a story
    Friday: choose a video from www.activitytv.com to teach them a magic trick or circus skill, etc.