1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Golden Letters from Ofsted!?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by pinkflipflop, Jul 14, 2010.

1. We have just received one [​IMG]
    Spooky if I am at the school you are referring to!

2. steveabey

steveabey New commenter

A school in my village has just got one too! Lucky *******! We were keeping our fingers crossed but after our results would rather they come in Sept rather than later!

3. manic28

manic28 New commenter

We got one yesterday! Barley until Sep 2011!

4. We got ours yesterday
    We're very pleased as we were well overdue!

5. dagnabit

dagnabit New commenter

A small village school near us were due this sep and have had a letter too - they can breathe easy for another year. Doubt its anything to do with SATS cos not enough year sixes to make much odds.Maybe they are having a good reshuffle, or concentrating on failing schools??

6. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

Heard of this, haven't had one myself though. Dammit!

7. kirstenly

kirstenly New commenter

Not a myth then!
    Sounds just like ***** Wonka - I want a golden letter! We're not due Ofsted til next summer though so alright for another year.
    If anyone knows the agenda behind it, would be good to find out!

8. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

My la can find no rhyme or reason to it at all. They have the list of all schools in the authority who have had one and can not for the life of them see a link or pattern. Baffling!

9. jellytot24

jellytot24 New commenter

We had our letter yesterday, we all thought it was a wind up! At least we can stop looking over our shoulders until Sept 2011 [​IMG]

10. kirstenly

kirstenly New commenter

Apparently the way its worded, it IS to do with NC Tests. Due to maintaining results.
    It was graded a good school, the results are Level 3/4's so nothing outstanding - and Ofsted was due March 2010.
    Now, another good school in the area, not due until November 2010 but who didn't sit the tests got the phone call today - 2 day inspection Mon/Tues. What a nightmare getting it the last week of summer term!
    I'm really intrigued to know if Ofsted are looking at schools who boycotted, or is my suspicious mind just doing overtime?

11. We had ours yesterday too! Pity it wasn't six weeks ago as we've all been in Ofsted panic mode for this half term.

12. We have been in ofsted panic mode since November, so they were really taking the p*ss when they sent our letter!

13. kirstenly

kirstenly New commenter

Are you all schools who took the tests then?

14. We took the tests, and we were moderated for our KS1 tests/APP work in reading, writing, maths and science.

15. Have any satisfactory schools got the letter?

16. The new govt has said (in its School Structure Plan) that it will shrink Ofsted in role and remit and focus mostly on schools where standards are not improving enough or are falling (based on data, of course). And they are going to be tasked with inspecting teaching and learning, and leaving out all this "do they have a healthy lunch" etc malarky.

17. Geekie

Geekie New commenter

We got one too. Boycotted SATs.

18. We got one too, we were due April/May this year. Got a good last time. Did KS2 sats and were moderated for reading and mathematics KS1.

19. My school hasn't recieved one but a friend text me last night to say her school had had one.
    If I was her I'd be really annoyed though because they should have been inspected before Easter and their HT has been in Ofsted overdrive since September! They've had a mock inspection each term and half termly monitoring visits from someone who had been hired by the school at around £800 a day.
    Their letter said they had been selected because they were rated as good last time. As they are a first school they dont have KS2 SATs so I don't think the boycott has anything to do with it.

20. kirstenly

kirstenly New commenter

Has anyone received one of these letters but aren't actually due for a while anyway?
    Our 3 years aren't up til next June so just wondering if we haven't received one because we're not due yet, or if we're simply not getting a letter.