1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Golden Hello

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by doneill55, May 20, 2012.

1. Hi all,
    After trawling the net and speaking to various parties who have all given me conflicting information, I am none the wiser. Do I need to apply for a golden hello within 12 months of gaining QTS or 12 months after my induction year? My PGCE year was 08/09 but due to a variety of reasons, I have just now completed my NQT. Am I even eligible for a golden hello? My subject was a shortage subject at the time so I was promised one, but not sure I've jumped through all the hopps on time.
    Can someone please give me some accurate info or at least steer me in the direction of someone who can?
    With thanks,

2. Hi all,
    After trawling the net and speaking to various parties who have all given me conflicting information, I am none the wiser. Do I need to apply for a golden hello within 12 months of gaining QTS or 12 months after my induction year? My PGCE year was 08/09 but due to a variety of reasons, I have just now completed my NQT. Am I even eligible for a golden hello? My subject was a shortage subject at the time so I was promised one, but not sure I've jumped through all the hopps on time.
    Can someone please give me some accurate info or at least steer me in the direction of someone who can?
    With thanks,

3. Hi
    You are still elligible, providing you have another job.
    I completed a PGCE in science in 2008/2009, only juts completed my NQT year last march and got mine at the start of this academic year. You only have 12 months to claim it from when you finish your NQT year, and you must be in full time employment within a school to do so.
    Too many hoops, but I don't think theres any way around it.