1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Golden hello

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by manidhesi1984, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Was wondering if someone could answer some questions for me regarding my situation.
    I finished my PGCE in June 2010 and secured a permanent post in Sep 2010, I then went on maternity leave in Jan 2011 and returned July 2011. I have just finished my NQT year as of tomorrow and was wondering if I am still eligible for the golden hello. How do I go about applying for it if I am? According to the TDA if you did your ITT before 2011 you ar still eligible but because I took a break in between am I still eligible? Please help!
    M

2. The best thing to do is contact the LA in the first instance as any golden hello is paid via the LA. Then you need to contact the new Teaching Agency (the TDA officially closes tomorrow and the teaching agency that replaces the TDA comes into being on 1st April. Many of the staff are the same and many are in the same role so they should be able to answer your question. Normally you must apply for your GH within one year of completing induction and payment is made via your salary about one term after you complete induction.
    The Sage