1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Golden Hello

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by amyleeperkins, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Hello,
    Anyone know when we recieve our Golden hello? I am an NQT on a permanat contract and was really just wondering when i get this wonderful bonus!!

Amy

2. Faldamir12

Faldamir12 New commenter

Hi,

As soon as you complete the induction you are eligible for the golden hello. You need to contact your university who will fill in part of the application form and will then send this to you. Once you hand the forms to your school you could expect payment in your normal monthly salary! Remember you pay tax on the golden hello, however it's not pensionable

I applied for it late April and it was in the following months pay packet.

3. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

It is usually paid in the second year of teaching. If you are completing induction this summer then the application is made end of term and it is paid in your salary next year-in my area its Sept or Oct but this is depending upon your payroll provider.

4. Is the Golden Hello paid in a lump sum or like wages?

5. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Lump sum so you'll take a hit on NI and Student loan repayments but its still a nice sum (dreams of getting a job so she can get hers... lol) x