1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Golden Hello question

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by kstring24, Aug 12, 2011.

1. I sent off my application for the Golden Hello just before the end of the academic year and was hoping to get it in my paycheck this month, but I've had nothing.

Does anyone know how long it takes to process the Golden Hello and when I should chase it up? It's been less than a month since sending off the application, so I'm sure if I'm just being impatient or I should worry. I've not had any correspondence from the LA about my application either.

Thanks for any help!

2. I sent off my application for the Golden Hello just before the end of the academic year and was hoping to get it in my paycheck this month, but I've had nothing.

Does anyone know how long it takes to process the Golden Hello and when I should chase it up? It's been less than a month since sending off the application, so I'm sure if I'm just being impatient or I should worry. I've not had any correspondence from the LA about my application either.

Thanks for any help!

3. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Have you started your fourth term? Think it may come October according to other people whove had it x

4. DM

DM New commenter

You get it in the Autumn Term - October/November time.

5. Oh I see! I start my fourth term at another school, so perhaps I should ring the LA? A couple of people from the school sent there's in June and got it next month, but they're continuing their contract there.

Thanks for the help!

6. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

Is your new school int he same LA? If not, the forms need to go to the new LA.
    If it's the same LA, it will probably speed things up if you up-date them on your new post. Have you signed a new contract yet? They will probably wait until you have actually started at the new school before paying you the GH, minus tax etc.

7. I guess it's because you're changing LA. I completed NQT in the summer term, sent off the forms in July and had my money in July's pay, about 8-10 days later.

8. I'll give them a call then, probably should have checked before sending it to the old LA but I'm sure it can be sorted.

Thanks for the help :)

9. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

It has to be the new LA paying it as it's based on teaching for at least a term, post Induction, in a State school. The old LA no longer have a contract with you.

10. Eva_Smith

Eva_Smith Established commenter

I got mine along with my August pay (separate pay slip though). That was in 2004 though.