1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Golden Hello Payment help

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by symmnkt, May 16, 2011.

1. Hello,
    I completed my NQT last term (end date 8th April 2011) and so contacted my ITT provider for the Golden Hello forms whic they duly sent me. I completed my section and gave the other section to the school for them to complete - this person contacted the LA to seek confirmation that all was ok for this to be done and they stated it was. I then sent the claim form to the LA for them to complete their section and to finalise everything.
    Last friday I sent them an email asking whether or not they had received the form and if everything had been completed and when would payment be made. I have since received a reply saying that it is payable on completion (successful) of teh NQT induction, I replied stating that I have successfully completed. They then replied saying that if I wanted an early payment to contact the TDA - I have spoken to them and they did not know why.
    Can anyone advise on how I should take this as I have promised people I borrowed money from during my training (I was in a car accident so did not earn anything for 8 months) that I can pay them back at the latest end of June and the TDA seem to think my LA will not pay out until August.

Thanks for any help :)
    Simon

2. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

I know from students I have mentored in the past that payment at the end of the NQT year (August) is typical.

3. jubilee

jubilee Lead commenter

The LA is probably delaying payment to ensure that you don't jump ship before completing the required term after passing Induction.
    Perhaps you can persuade them to pay up at the end of July as you'll have taught the required term by then.
    You could also make the case that you are contractually tied until the end of August so paying you the Golden hello as soon as they accept it as valid would be possible.

4. jubilee

jubilee Lead commenter

I hope you know that you will be taxed (20%) on the GH and will pay extra NI.