1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Golden Hello for English

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by happygirl1990, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Hello.

I am currently an NQT teaching English in a state school. I have heard about these Golden Hellos but are they applicable to English NQTs?

I would love to know if anyone in the same boat has received it or knows or someone who has!

2. Hello.

I am currently an NQT teaching English in a state school. I have heard about these Golden Hellos but are they applicable to English NQTs?

I would love to know if anyone in the same boat has received it or knows or someone who has!

3. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

No.

4. I got this years ago - we were given a form by our uni at the end of PGCE. Sounds like you didn't get this, and also Crowbob knows what he's talking about, so I guess it's a no.

5. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

The subjects and sums available change from year to year. Sometimes a subject which had a GH eligibility in one training year, ceases to have it in later years when it may no longer be a shortage subject.
    If you knew nothing about a GH when training, and did not get issued with any GH forms by your training provider, you will not be eligible even if others at your school, in the same subject, may be from having trained in an eligible year.

6. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

English is not one of the Golden Hello eligible subjects I'm afraid