1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Golden handcuff ts & cs

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by cavycool, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    I'm currently working in a school where the golden handcuffs scheme is offered. I was one of those that opted for this and currently through my 2nd year of teaching there but have read conflicting info about it and need a bit of advice.
    In the terms and conditions on official website, it wasn't clear what happens if a teacher leaves the school during the scheme.They may decide to leave the school permanently such as to take a position elsewhere or temporarily such as mat leave. They may choose to do this midway through the year or at the end of the 3rd year of their contract there. However what happens to the payments schedule?? Have asked at my school and so far no-one seems to know!!
    Any advice greatly appreciated [​IMG]

2. Hi all,
    I'm currently working in a school where the golden handcuffs scheme is offered. I was one of those that opted for this and currently through my 2nd year of teaching there but have read conflicting info about it and need a bit of advice.
    In the terms and conditions on official website, it wasn't clear what happens if a teacher leaves the school during the scheme.They may decide to leave the school permanently such as to take a position elsewhere or temporarily such as mat leave. They may choose to do this midway through the year or at the end of the 3rd year of their contract there. However what happens to the payments schedule?? Have asked at my school and so far no-one seems to know!!
    Any advice greatly appreciated [​IMG]