1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Gold coins?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by char2505, Jan 19, 2019.

1. char2505

char2505 New commenter

Hey, does anyone have any creative or otherwise ideas for something I could use to be pretend gold coins, please? Needs lots and soon - order times on Amazon/ebay etc are too long. What is vaguely golden that you can buy in bulk and not spend hours cutting out?!
    Thanks

2. dunnocks

dunnocks Star commenter

why don't you just go down to the supermarket and buy chocolate gold coins? or go to a toy shop and buy toy money?

3. dunnocks

dunnocks Star commenter

or go to a craft shop and buy gold card and cut it?

4. char2505

char2505 New commenter

Thanks - don'tt want to confuse with using coins with values and nowherre seems to sell pirate ones in bulk. Looks like cutting it may be... Want to try and avoid as need hundreds!

5. dunnocks

dunnocks Star commenter

put something decent on netflix, sttle down with a nice drink and few chocolates, and you won't hardly notice you are spending your weekend cutting!

6. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

Can't you buy tiddlewinks (or similar) and spray them

7. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

I've just put 'plastic counters' into Amazon, and they have gold ones. It says they could be with you in a couple of days.

8. Wotton

Wotton Lead commenter

I'm sure I got some a few years back in the works or wilko.

9. Wotton

Wotton Lead commenter

Hobby craft

10. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Lead commenter

11. char2505

char2505 New commenter

Ohhh, good ideas, thanks! I didn't see those before headed to shops - gone for gold washers from screwfix as coins with holes in middle. Thanks for the creative ideas - must use this site more often!