1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Going under and only two days in !!!!

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by ferrisbueller, Sep 6, 2011.

1. ferrisbueller

ferrisbueller New commenter

Two days it has taken for me to feel absolutely demoralised and knackered. My problem isn't teaching, but all the middle management c**p I have to do which then forces me to have to work on my teaching stuff at home. I sometimes feel I'm doing 2 peoples' jobs !!!
    I haven't had any school time to get my teaching sorted out and seem to be doing admin and being involved with other things in school rather than my own subject.
    Anyone else in the same situation and got tips on how to deal with it all ???

2. Sorry I haven't got any tips as I'm an NQT who is feeling the same way already. I have had NO time at all to sit down and sort out the actually teaching aspect as I have been trying to get used to the way the school works and the systems used etc etc. Alongside filling in all the paperwork of course.
    I will be watching for advice [​IMG]

3. poppy2004

poppy2004 New commenter

Yep - also a middle manager and have been on the verge of weeping a couple of times since our return after the holidays.
    Sinking already... [​IMG]
    As for tips - haven't a clue! If anyone does have any please please share!

4. As a middle manager who is fully aware of everything that is put on you in September I always spend a bit of time before the end of the summer holidays making sure that I know what I am teaching for the first couple of weeks. It makes me feel more organised when the **** comes in.

5. I am feeling the same and I have been teaching for 8 years now. My school has an inspection coming in about 18 or so months. Have to rewrite every scheme of work...key stage 4 by end of October and KS4 and 5 by end of November. Ha ha! Every lesson has to have a detailed lesson plan and it has to be the same for every one in the department. I feel like crying.

6. I'm sorry iamateachertoo, but what you are saying is utter rubbish. All managers should be delegating work.

7. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

But what about the poor sod at the end of the line who has no one to delegate to?