1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Going through threshold to UPS1, round 12

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by mooncheek, Dec 18, 2011.

1. mooncheek

mooncheek New commenter

HI, I'd be grateful for your help about going through threshold, from M6 to UPS1, round 12.
    My HT says that I only need to write a letter, but I also have a form from the D of E website to complete- I'm not sure why there is a form, if only a letter is required.
    Also. I'm sure I've read somewhere that the application can be made after the employee has been on M6 for 26 weeks, but cannot find this info again on web.
    Thanks for any help.

2. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

Well done your head! Did you get the DFE form yourself? shame all their websites were either taken down or don't actually reflect legislatio accuratelyn. You don't have to fill in any forms. You can notify your head at any time that you want to be considered for Threshold progression - more to the point, make sure your PM reviewer is aware of this so that your PM can be structured to provide evidence of you meeting the P standards.

3. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

The 26 week thing is a qualifying period of employment. It really only matters for LA employed supply teachers who can get PM reviews via their supply 'agency' (+ be able to submit the old style application formfor Threshold).
    Those in a permanent post simply write a letter askingto be considered for passing Threshold and ensure that they have 2 successful PM reviews that encompass all10 Post Threshold standards (or will have the second of those PM reviews by the 31st October follwing the M6 pay year).
    You can let it be officially known that you wish to apply for Threshold at any point in your M6 year and the Head has to make the decision on passing you by the 31st oct of the next school year (31st Oct 2012 for Round 12, when Head and Governors settle the budget for the 2012/13 school year.) Once approved at that Governors' meeting, arrears of Threshold for Sept and Oct of the new school year should appear in Nov pay.

4. Piranha

Piranha Star commenter

I wouldn't worry about the form - it just includes a few basic personal details to fill in. Or you could do a letter. What I would suggest is that you look through the standards to make sure that they appear on this PM review or the previous one.

5. mooncheek

mooncheek New commenter

Hi, just rehashing this old message of mine, as I'd just like to clarify something lease -if I started on M6 in Sept 2011 and apply now for UPS 1 now(having spent 26 weeks on M6) will I go onto UPS1 in Sept/Oct 2012, with any arrears paid in salary of Sept/Oct 2012?
    Thanks for any help.

6. If you apply now and go through threshold, you will move onto UPS in Sept 2012. There are no arrears since you will only 'qualify' to go onto UPS after you spend a year on M6.