1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Going through threshold - 2006 Performance Management regulations

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by SarahJ80, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Hi, hope you can help.
    I've been on M6 this year (2010-2011) and am applying for threshold this time. I would already have submitted my form long since but I am also starting a new post in September and my current head told me to submit the form to my new head in September (new head also agreed this was OK).
    I've been looking at the forms online again and there are two, each with a different date to be submitted by.
    <u>"teachers who are covered by the 2006 Performance Management Regulations must submit their requests between 1 September 2010 and 31 October 2011"</u>
    How do I know if I am covered by the 2006 PM regulations?
    Thank you!

2. Hi, hope you can help.
    I've been on M6 this year (2010-2011) and am applying for threshold this time. I would already have submitted my form long since but I am also starting a new post in September and my current head told me to submit the form to my new head in September (new head also agreed this was OK).
    I've been looking at the forms online again and there are two, each with a different date to be submitted by.
    <u>"teachers who are covered by the 2006 Performance Management Regulations must submit their requests between 1 September 2010 and 31 October 2011"</u>
    How do I know if I am covered by the 2006 PM regulations?
    Thank you!

3. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

Were you teaching in 2006? Then yes you are.

4. Thanks for reply.
    No, started teaching Sept 2007 (started on M3 as previously had experience of working in a school).
    Does that make a difference?

5. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter

If you are teaching in an LA school in England ie subject to STPCD you are subject to 2006 regs. Private schools and academies can do their own thing. Welsh assembke didn't adopt the 2006 so application there is a different.
    It doesn't matter when you started teaching as long as you qualify for threshold application

6. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter

Welsh assembly !

7. Thank you !