1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Going on a P&O cruise with a 9 month old

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by amoon, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Has anyone been on a cruise with a baby before, was wondering if you have any tips or advice?
    I understand that they provide amongst other things a night nursery, food and formula, have been on a cruise before but never with a baby, slightly apprehensive.
    Thanks[​IMG]

2. Has anyone been on a cruise with a baby before, was wondering if you have any tips or advice?
    I understand that they provide amongst other things a night nursery, food and formula, have been on a cruise before but never with a baby, slightly apprehensive.
    Thanks[​IMG]

3. Hello

We went on with p & o last year to the med with a 9 month old.
    It was fab! Perfect holiday for babies.

I must say cruising wasn't for me but they really look after the kids. Our LO was happy in her pushchair on trips and fell asleep during our evening meal. We watched the shows and had a few drinks then just transferred her to her cot.

You must book the formula, bottle warmer and steriliser before you go. There is a baby food and kids menu so plenty to choose from. Grace wasn't walking and I'm glad about that as there isn't anywhere to crawl around etc. There is a night nursery where you cam take them asleep and they give u a beeper in case they wake up.
    We only used that once but we did appreciate it! You can also leave them in ur cabin with the monitor on and u can call from any phone on the ship to listen in. I doubt anyone uses that to b honest.

The biggest bonus is you can take as much stuff as you like!

Have a fab holiday but make sure you have plenty of spending money as the trips add up.

Jem x

4. Thanks Jemma, we're going on a med cruise. Cant wait, sound like a positive experience. Have booked everything, thanks for the advice! x

5. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

Ooh, that sounds fab! I've always wanted to go on a cruise but sadly, it's not Mr tarte's idea of fun.
    Enjoy!