1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Going mad at Myimaths

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by bbibbler, Sep 10, 2015.

1. bbibbler

bbibbler New commenter

Hello strangers, seems a bit dead here.

I am trying to buy a subscription for Myimath for my new school in China and the stupid *** who is answering my E-Mails (refusing the order) Is telling me that I cannot buy My(international)Maths unless my school is connected to an LEA. Below is a quote from the last E-Mail she sent me.

"

Thank you for your e-mail.

The information we have given you is correct, MyMaths is a site license product and is only available to educational Establishments that are linked to a Local Education Authority.

Our systems will not physically allow us to process a subscription for you"

Teaching maths overseas is normally so relaxing, until you have to deal with a JOBWORTH from the UK.

Anybody got any ideas.

2. TimStirrup

TimStirrup New commenter

you could always have a look at Mathspace - used in Singapore & Hong Kong as well.

we mark every step of the working out as well.

and yes, I do work for them - no 'pretend teacher' accounts here.

3. Hello,

This is Isabel from the MyiMaths team at Oxford University Press. I am sorry that you were told you couldn't subscribe to MyiMaths without an LEA, this is not the case. There are many teachers and students around the world using MyiMaths in their schools. I will PM you my email address, if you could forward me the email you received from our team, as well as your school details, I'd be happy to help get this resolved.

Apologies again for the confusion.

Best wishes

Isabel

4. swampyjo

swampyjo New commenter

I would use Mathspace. It's much better. I have used both. I have no link to Mathspace or Tim Stirrup .