1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Going for gold behaviour chart

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by creativeone, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Hello all,
    I am hoping someone will know this behaviour chart. I would like to use it in my class this September and have tried searching on the internet for it. It is a large chart with 30 clear pockets each pocket has the name of a child in the class. Underneath the pockets are 6 clear pockets, each pocket holds 30 cards, 1 pocket yellow, 1 pocket blue, 1 pocket green, 1 pocket bronze, 1 pocket silver, 1 pocket gold.Each colour represents a 'level'
    How it works is all the children start on green at the beginning of the day and can go up to gold (through bronze, silver) each time they follow the rules. Conversely they can go down the levels, blue then yellow (this means send out).
    I think it is a great chart as it makes children take responsibility for their behaviour and links reward with sanction. If only I could find it!
    Thank you for any help offered in advance
    Creativeone

2. Hello all,
    I am hoping someone will know this behaviour chart. I would like to use it in my class this September and have tried searching on the internet for it. It is a large chart with 30 clear pockets each pocket has the name of a child in the class. Underneath the pockets are 6 clear pockets, each pocket holds 30 cards, 1 pocket yellow, 1 pocket blue, 1 pocket green, 1 pocket bronze, 1 pocket silver, 1 pocket gold.Each colour represents a 'level'
    How it works is all the children start on green at the beginning of the day and can go up to gold (through bronze, silver) each time they follow the rules. Conversely they can go down the levels, blue then yellow (this means send out).
    I think it is a great chart as it makes children take responsibility for their behaviour and links reward with sanction. If only I could find it!
    Thank you for any help offered in advance
    Creativeone

3. Tom_Bennett

Tom_Bennett Occasional commenter

You're better than a search engine. In which case, you wouldn't happen to know where I can find my keys, would you?

4. Down the back of the sofa. (Would it totally freak you out if you found them there?)
    I was actually wondering if 'creativeone' would say thanks for my efforts....?!

5. Hello again,
    Thank you for your post 'coolasacucumber'. Your efforts are always much appreciated.
    Creativeone

6. We do a home made similar thing in all KS1 classes. A4(landscape) gold, silver, green, yellow, red in a vertical line on the wall. Every child's name laminated (or on card) start on green every morning then get moved up and down as appropriate. Those in the gold at the end of the day get a special sticker, in the gold every day get a certificate at the end of the week. Once in the red child can work back up. Works a treat. Have a couple of tricky customers for whom simply going over to the chart to pick their name makes them comply.
    Just in case you can't get hold of one before term starts

7. Thank you personally for your help brum71. Yes, this will also work a treat! Good idea!
    Creativeone

8. Ive seen a similar thing work when I did supply and feel that my new class need this as an incentive to get our rules more firmly embedded.
    Feels like a silly question, but how do the kids attach their names to the different sections of the chart. Do you have velcro stips in each stage or do you use blue tac. Im year 1 so i dont want the fuss of children handling blue tac.