1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Going back!

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by crazylady49, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Hi,

Just after some advice regarding talking to my head about returning to school at end of maternity.
    I'm hoping to go back for the last week before the summer hols in a non teaching capacity so I can catch up and sort things out and then going back full time in september but was wondering if it's possible to go back 0.8 for the first half term and then full time after that? Has anyone done this or heard of people doing this?
    Would be grateful for any advice or opinions

Thanks

Crazy lady

2. Hi,

Just after some advice regarding talking to my head about returning to school at end of maternity.
    I'm hoping to go back for the last week before the summer hols in a non teaching capacity so I can catch up and sort things out and then going back full time in september but was wondering if it's possible to go back 0.8 for the first half term and then full time after that? Has anyone done this or heard of people doing this?
    Would be grateful for any advice or opinions

Thanks

Crazy lady

3. I went back 0.8 until after half term- next week- when I will be full time. You can request that and it can be done- in fact I think it has been done by many mums returning to work at my school. Good luck!

4. Thanks clematis - how did you go about requesting it?

5. Well actually it was more a compromise suggested by my head when I said I wanted 4 days. However, now that I've been there and done that, I actually brought my return to full time forward and next time I will be requesting a phased return with the full intention of returning full time as 4 days a week in primary is tough going for a number of reasons- will be easier to do full time, strange as that sounds! Are you primary?

6. Yeah am primary, had been thinking 4 days maybe tricky but kinda want to ease myself back in as it's quite a difficult class o'm going back to and I'll have been off nearly a year

7. I think it's worth it for the transition to ease yourself back into work- I'm even considering this time using some KIT days to ease myself in even slower as i am planning the full year off all going well :) My friend did a KIT day a week for a few weeks before going back. Ideally i would go back 4 days in Sept and then full time at Easter probably- although I don't think we're planning any mroe than two chidlren so no more mat leaves to look forward to!!