1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Going back to do PGCE, is it possible?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by BlueShirt92, Jan 22, 2020.

1. BlueShirt92

BlueShirt92 New commenter

Hi all, would appreciate some advice here.

I left my PGCE course fairly early into the course because of financial issues which really affected my mental health (everything that could've gone wrong with moving to a new city went wrong) and I just wasn't able to continue with the PGCE and hence I just took a full time job to sort everything out. I decided that deferring wasn't the best option as I really needed to sort my life out and it did take more than a year to do just that...

Fast forward a bit, my situation has improved a lot and I am considering going back into teaching as I will be able to give a 100% focus to the course. Am I wasting my time even applying if I've already dropped out once? I would be going for the same subject again, which is Maths.

Thank you.

2. MrMedia

MrMedia Star commenter

No, it would not be a problem. You would be welcomed onto the course. It’s not uncommon for people to restart. I’ve got one on my course this year and she is doing marvellously. My advice would be to choose a different course provider this time rather than the old one. Clean slate and all that.