1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

God help Britain with Johnson in charge...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by red_observer, Jul 24, 2019.

1. red_observer

red_observer Star commenter

Opening a thread to monitor how bad this man will be for Britain....
    1 Starting with the fact he’s a Tory is enough
    2 has not got a mandate from the British people
    3 responsible for continued detention of Mrs Zachari-Ratcliffe
    4 is going to implement no deal with will be a disaster for this country
    5 supports a racist and dangerous occupant in the White House.

Other then that I wish him well....:(

2. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Lead commenter

It's not enough.
    He's also white, male, straight, old, heterosexual, christian, abled.
    Totally unsuitable.

Laphroig, Oscillatingass and lexus300 like this.
  3. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

If BJ is a Christian then that religion really is finished...;)

4. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

While what you say may be correct, there are several other reasons why the Johnson will be (should that be "is"?) bad for the country. Serial lying should have been enough to bar him from political office forever. If you think that not enough, then wasting taxpayers money on vanity projects in London that were a ridiiclous waste. But you are also just inviting backlash of the knee-jerk kind from the right-wingers, the genuine ones and the vitriol dripping planted trolls.

5. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

My god, the power of this man... his mere presence is going to finish off a religion of over a billion believers spread out across the planet which has existed for two thousand years.

And we have him as PM! What a great time to be alive /s

Oscillatingass and lexus300 like this.
  6. Sir Cumference

Sir Cumference Occasional commenter

It'll not last long, mark my words!

7. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

Assuming your last sentence is not sarcastic (who can tell?), can you enlighten us as to the exact benefits we will all receive from having the Johnson as PM?

catmother likes this.
  8. Easyasabc

Easyasabc Occasional commenter

Whilst I agree with some of what you say - can you explain pt 5 further? Wouldn't one argue that he is merely looking to keep links with a powerful nation like America rather than supporting Trump..

9. red_observer

• I can handle right wing nutters and their allies don’t worry! Thank you anyway!

10. red_observer

Nothing wrong with being PRO USA but everything wrong with supporting everything Trump says and does.

monicabilongame and Sally006 like this.
  11. Easyasabc

Agree. Your point 5 implies that BJ supports Trump in being racist and dangerous. Can you expand on what you mean here?

red_observer likes this.
  12. red_observer

Threatening war with Iran and his attitude to the 4 Congreswomen have been in the news!

13. peter12171

peter12171 Star commenter

No, that is not enough. There are good and bad people in all parties (yes, there are even some bad ones in your beloved Labour).

Agreed. He should call a General Election to check the level of support he has. As May should have done (well, did within a year I suppose) and Brown should have done.

Agreed. I’m not particularly au fait with this case, but he certainly has not helped her cause.

That is the future, we cannot tell at the moment whether (1) he will implement no deal or (2) it will be a disaster.
    I suspect that no deal will be avoided, but even if it does go to that the result won’t be as damaging as a lot of people say (and in any more negotiations the possibility of no deal has to be on the table).

Agreed. How the US got to a point where Trump or Clinton was the best choice for president I will never know!

suzuki1690 and monicabilongame like this.
  14. Corvuscorax

Corvuscorax Senior commenter

given that there is clearly nothing wrong with being any of those things, I assume your post is in support of BJ?

15. Corvuscorax

Corvuscorax Senior commenter

I don't think he'll last long. I think he is the best hope we have for a cancel Brexit government to get into power

monicabilongame likes this.
  16. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Brexit.

artboyusa and Easyasabc like this.
  17. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Star commenter

I don't actually think he could be much worse than the failed Home Secretary and failed Prime Minister he's supplanted, or for that matter the bullsh**ter in chief who went before her. I do wish that Britons could find a spine, stop falling for the propaganda, and vote in someone who believes in making the country a better place by enacting policies designed to help the many, rather than the few. It's been 40 years now since Reaganomics arrived on these shores. It's time now.

Sally006 and red_observer like this.
  18. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

He should keep JC out of number 10, is that not enough for you?

19. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Who do you suggest and why?

20. Easyasabc

Agree - but how did BJ support that ?

lexus300 likes this.