1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Goal Setting for Teenage Girls

Discussion in 'PSHE' started by FemaleFitnessCoach, May 1, 2011.

1. Does anyone know of or use any goal setting resource with teenagers?
    Do you think something like this would be beneficial?
    As a fitness coach I find that the "not bothered" attitude is only skin deep and that when you start to delve deeper you discover that teenage girls actually are bothered by the way they look and the food that they eat.
    I tend to use a goal setting programme where I encourage girls to think about all the various aspects of their lives; time management, sleep, multi-tasking, health, family, education, money and work, leisure time, adventure, and future aspirations.
    I get them to think of 10 goals in each of these areas such as complete my homework the days its set, read a fiction book for 30 minutes every day, turn my mobile phone off whilst I'm doing homework etc etc which I find really helps them to focus on what they want - especially when we get onto future aspirations, leisure time etc.
    What do you think? Do you like this idea?
    I'd really appreciate your opinion. Thank you

2. Does anyone know of or use any goal setting resource with teenagers?
    Do you think something like this would be beneficial?
    As a fitness coach I find that the "not bothered" attitude is only skin deep and that when you start to delve deeper you discover that teenage girls actually are bothered by the way they look and the food that they eat.
    I tend to use a goal setting programme where I encourage girls to think about all the various aspects of their lives; time management, sleep, multi-tasking, health, family, education, money and work, leisure time, adventure, and future aspirations.
    I get them to think of 10 goals in each of these areas such as complete my homework the days its set, read a fiction book for 30 minutes every day, turn my mobile phone off whilst I'm doing homework etc etc which I find really helps them to focus on what they want - especially when we get onto future aspirations, leisure time etc.
    What do you think? Do you like this idea?
    I'd really appreciate your opinion. Thank you