1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Go Compare.. management structures

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by missp67, Jan 18, 2012.

1. We are an 11-18 comp, with 1350 pupils. We have head, 3 deputies and one Asst head. How about you?

2. We are an 11-18 comp, with 1350 pupils. We have head, 3 deputies and one Asst head. How about you?

3. 11-18 comp
    1600 students
    1 head; 3 deputies; 3 assistant heads

4. I know of two structures: 11-18 comp, 1200 studnets 1 head, 5 ass heads; and 11-18, 1400 pupils 1 head, 3 deputies, 5 ass heads!

5. trinity0097

trinity0097 New commenter

We are a 2 to 13 independent prep school. We have 1 head, 2 x deputies (one pastoral one academic), head of pre-prep and bursar on the SMT.
    I am also paid on the leadership scale and am head of my subject and also in charge of timetables and data.

6. 11-18 with 1650 students 1 Head, 3 deputies and 5 AHTs

7. montyjacs

montyjacs New commenter

11-18 1270 students - 1 Head, 1 Deputy, 4AHTs. Bursar on SMT too.

8. FAIRYDELL

FAIRYDELL New commenter

1 form entry 2-11; 1 head, no deputy/ah, 4 slt

9. 1400 secondary academy. 1 CEO; 4 Principals; 4 Vice Principal.

10. 1140 Students - I worked in a school is the South that had 1Executive Head teacher, 2 Deputy Principals, 10 AHT's. The Head and deputies never taught a lesson and quite what the AHT's did I have no idea to be honest (barring a couple). On top of this were numerous HoD, AST'S and the mum's army of totally unqualified in anyway, pastoral managers for each year group. It was more like an upside down triangle - no money left for teachers who were actually in the classroom teaching!!!!!

11. 800+ students 1H 1D 2A seems about right if they are managed properly and held accountable by the governors.
    What about admin staff? We have 12 + 8 technicians. Which is the highest ratio I have ever seen and I have no idea what they all do. I do have doubts over the effective staff management skills being shown. Failure to recognise poor systems and ineffective use of staff time can be a major problem. The biggest failing is when a line manager does nothing about ineffective staff and when they do not know what to do just hide the fact.
    I'd like to add that I feel every member of staff should spent some time in the classroom each week - it is the reason their job exists and some need reminding of this.

12. montyjacs

montyjacs New commenter

in reply to a post earlier, we have AHTs who oversee each key stage (3,4,5) then 1 acting deputy who does timetable and curriculum then one who oversees cpd and teaching and learning. The key stage leaders also have a whole school responsibility such as one is data, one is school ethos (catholic school) etc

13. We are an 11-18 Academy of approx. 750 pupils and we have 1 Executive Principal, 1 Principal, 1 Vice Principal and 3 Assistant Principal's.

The VP leads on Achievement & Standards and the three APs lead on one of; Provision for Success (Curriculum & E-Learning); Climate for Learning (Welfare & Behaviour); Teaching & Learning (T&L, AST/ITT/NQT/GTP/PGCE & CPD)

The VP and all three APs are each attached to one of our four houses.