1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Gnomeo and Juliet - What did you make of it?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by 05dan10, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Went on Thursday to watch Tangled with my OH and sister's kids, thought it was really good! As other posters have said, it was an original disney style film.
    I have borrowed Despicable Me from my sister, I thought that was good and quite funny in places!

2. We took children 2, 7 and 11 to see Gnomio and Juliet and it was great. I enjoyed it a lot more than I usually enjoy kids film and all three kids loved it. But then I like Elton John music.
    Pet gripe at the minute - we've take the kids to three 3D cinemas and have had to buy three sets of 3D glasses as all the technologies are incompatible. I don't mind the price but that's a lot of clutter of 3D glasses.

3. moonpenny

moonpenny Occasional commenter

I keep our 3 D glasses in the back of the car so we can reuse them.
    There is a really good 4 D show at legoland in Windsor.
    The bugs really fly out at your head and seem so real that you try to dodge out of the way to avoid them (unless that's just me) The 4D is because they have things like glitter and smoke effects and smells coming out around the room.

I also went to a 3D show at the British musum as part of one of the mummy exhibitions. That was really good as knives came out from the screen towards you, plus you got to see the real mummy on the way out. (Egyptian mummy btw)
    I didn't fancy this film though.

4. Yes my son loved 4D. I haven't been yet.
    IMAX is yet another technology, but at least the glasses stay there! We saw 'How to Train your Dragon' at the Imax recently which was fab.
    Our car situation is complicated.... might be worth a try though.[​IMG]

5. We leave our 3D glasses in the glove box in my car, that way we never forget them!
    How to Train Your Dragon is fantastic! I really enjoyed that, maybe a little too much!

6. I took my niece to see Gnomeo and Juliet during half term. I thought it was a really cute film. My niece enjoyed it too. I didnt like that they changed the ending but it is a kids film i suppose.
    I watched Dispicable Me a while ago and really didn't like it. Apart from the little yellow things that were funny.
    Might go see Tangled after reading this now!

7. You keep your 3D glasses?!
    Our cinema won't let you out of the door until you have handed them back.

8. Am I the only one who ends up feeling really nauteous after watching 3D films? Id rather just see them in 2D as I end up feeling sick and taking the glasses off.

9. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

I don't feel ill, but they generally seem pretty pointless. Out of a whole film there may be one or two scenes where 3D really adds to the film (eg the lantern scene in Tangled). But overall, they seem to add more to the ticket price, than they do to the enjoyment.

10. Oh, all the negative reviews on Gnomeo & Juliet are making me think twice about seeing it. [​IMG] I don't think we'll be in any rush now.
    3D is good but not all films take advantage of it, so not worth the extra expense. Beside our youngest bean won't keep their glasses on!
    We watched Tangled last night and the kids thoroughly enjoyed it, as did I. Lots of laughing by the young beans and also cheered me up after a naff afternoon. A smiley end to my day [​IMG]