1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Gluten free baking

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by lapinrose, Apr 23, 2012.

1. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

2. ljr

ljr New commenter

Thanks for that link lapin - my daughter is trying a gluten free diet to help her endiometriosis - it will be nice to be able to cook treats for her.

3. I'm not gluten free but have a friend who is due to coeliac disease. Today, I made Nigella's Lemon Polenta Cake, ensuring I used GF baking powder. It is absolutely delicious, definitely grainier and crumblier than normal cake, but it's so moist and the flavour is fantastic. A definite winner that I'll be making again :)

4. wiemaranerlover

wiemaranerlover New commenter

Most of you know both me and my daughter are gluten free (she was diagnosed as coeliac at 4, now 20.) We substitute Dove's Farm gf flour like for like in all 'normal' cake and pastry recipes, although pastry comes out slightly crumbly. Recently we've mastered Yorkshire puddings - they actually rise! Next to master is scones...

5. My grandma is coeliac and this is her favourite cake, with a secret ingredient...mashed potato!
    http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/5870/glutenfree-lemon-drizzle-cake