1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Glow. Done?

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by stevec100, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Ok. Please clear something up for me. Is glow done? At a piece of training I was forced to sit through recently the glow trainer said that - and I quote- "glow will not exist from September. We don't know exactly what it will be but it is likely to be google apps. And it is unlikely that anything will be able to be transferred across from the current platform."

So. What a waste if time that seems to have been. I feel sorry for all the folks who have spent hours uploading files.

Also can everyone in local authority positions stop posting things there and email the head. I am fed up with trying to find the stuff In the first place And now with the knowledge that it won't be there in 6 months it seems pointless to keep filling up the bin.

2. Freddie92

Freddie92 New commenter

Could it be it is because it is pants?

3. By all accounts, Glow will not go away and the existing content will be transferred to a new platform. However there is a lot of discussion at present due to Google pulling out of the national procurement exercise and targeting LAs directly: Click here