1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Glorious end to holidays....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by disguise, Apr 25, 2011.

1. ILS/Flip flop: Yes I know. I told you so and all that. I have already told myself you all told me so but you can join in if you want. Truth is, since that thread (even though we talked and I thought I'd give him another chance) I have been annoyed by most things he's said/done. So perhaps I HAVE been in a bad mood with him but part of that mood is down to not wanting to return to work. And either way, he doesn't have the right to shout at me for no reason. Apparently I Shouted at him on a roundabout. I didn't. I simply said 'I wouldn't go that way if I were you' because I wouldn't have, it's always full of traffic. Next thing I know, he's turning round, going home and having a go at me because he's 'sick of this, sick of (my) bad mood', etc etc.

I told him to drop me off and I'd walk home but he didn't. He then tells me to think about how I've been last few days using his concerned voice.

So to summarise.... he can comment on my driving, but heaven forbid I help him out. He can shout at me, but not vice versa. It's HIS bank holiday I'VE ruined, not mine.

*** to this for a laugh. I think I'll just go back to bed again and maybe when I wake up, I'll have a normal life or at the very least a different one.

2. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Made me smile too!

3. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

No, he doesn't.
    Classic abuse/manipulation.
    Because that's what abusers do.
    I hope things do look better later, and eventually you find the confidence to get rid of this jerk and strive for something better.

4. anon468

anon468 New commenter

If there's one thing I've learnt thus far, it's that life is way too short to waste it on bad wine and rubbish relationships.

5. I will. I'd already decided BEFORE our argument this morning that this was the way forward. I just need to work out when.

Right now I am NOT talking to him at all. Very mature of me, I know.

6. Seems like you're pretty much onto a loser whatever you do. I'm sorry you're still being buffeted about by this man who makes you unhappy, but perhaps it'll spur you on to make some changes for the better.
    Fingers crossed for you! ((disguise))

7. Well I thought I ought to break the ice a bit so I told him I'm going for dinner with my borther and if he wanted to come he could. He replied with 'if you want me there type text' and I wasn't prepared to have the ball in my court so I threw it back in his and told him I am still very much ****** off about earlier and if we are likely to argue I'd rather he stayed at home. However, if he's prepared to accept that whilst I won't blank him I am not in the best mood over it all he can come.

No reply yet so I'll take it as a no thanks. Probably best we keep our distance for now anyway.

8. Walk away, disguise. Even from a bloke's point of view he sounds like a ****.

9. I'm not going out with my bro for dinner now, he's had to cancel. So I am very tempted to just have a bath and go to bed. I've had enough of today.

10. He may be right about the martyr bit. :¬((

11. He's probably right about all of it, Bauble, to be honest. But hey ho. Welcome to being me!

12. You have two choices...and only two (no matter how you dress it) either put up with it or start afresh.

13. Stop it this minute! Don't you dare think about giving in and going to bed. It is a glorious evening (here at least) go for a long walk; phone a friend; paint your toenails; bake a cake; something - anything rather than this defeatist attitude.
    Bauble is right - there is a touch of the martyr about you and I am here to tell you the only person being made miserable by it is you. Come on girl - find some backbone - you WILL feel better if you do.

14. Spot on Cosmos.

15. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

Absolutely.

16. I think maybe I'll just cook some dinner. I don't want to speak to anyone on the phone because I'll just cry at them. So dinner it is.

Thanks everyone for your comments.

17. Sounds like he has mastered the art of picking on you to feed his own ego and self esteem and boy is he winning! Personally, I wouldn't start sending texts like the one you sent earlier, as it is all a bit game playing. I also agree that you should do something lovely for you tonight and don't wallow.

18. This is no longer about him, pff, we've unanimously agreed he's a **** of biblical proportions. It's about what disguise does about it....doesn't do about it , as the case may be.

19. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I spent 4 years with a man who behaved like this. It was very hard to get out because I had no confidence left by the end of that time. I did it with lots of support from my family and I am very glad that I did.
    Life has had it's up and downs since but it is definitely better than it would have been had I stayed with him.
    Take from that what you will.

20. The trouble is I have come to the conclusion everyone thinks the same thing. I don't doubt my family love me and my friends like me but they obviously all agree with him in some ways (I know this from comments made here and there).

Anyway, I'm still deciding on what to have for dinner. Maybe some new potatoes with ratetouille (sp?)?